Traffic Brokers

Clicked traffic brokers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ExoClick adds "retargeting"

From Amy @ ExoClick:

Retargeting is basically the idea of targeting specific users who have already shown some interest in a product or brand. It is generally said that about 2% of possible buyers will actually complete their purchase on the first visit. Retargeting brings back the other 98%.

It will be interesting to see how they implement this. If done the right way, retargeting can be extremely useful. On the other hand, in the past a few brokers have used the word retargeting as a euphemism for selling non-unique traffic.

Exoclick's verification process

ExoClick's process to verify new advertisers is drawing criticism on GFY. ExoClick has not yet responded, but so far it seems there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to their verification process. Two GFY users had the following to say:


Verifying advertisers is a good idea, but it should be a smooth process. Exoclick is dropping the ball here. They lost a client. They're getting bad publicity and they're drawing negative attention to their Paypal account.


...when it comes to verification against malware only way to do it properly is to do repeated check of all buyer domains regardless are they trusted or not,since trusted domains can be hacked and serve malware anyway.